Monday, September 12, 2016

2016 WEGO Health Activist Awards

I am excited to announce I have been nominated for the 2016 WEGO Health Activist Awards! I have actually been nominated for 3 awards! Health Activist Hero, Best Kept Secret, and Rookie of the Year.

am so excited and grateful to all you who have nominated me, and thank you very much for your continued support! We have just entered the endorsement (voting) phase and I would really appreciate it if you would endorse me. If I have ever supported you, made you laugh, or inspired you to keep fighting, please vote for me! Here is a link to my personal nomination page with the following profile:

"For 15 years I have lived with dystonia, a neurological movement disorder. Being involved in support groups has been a big help, which motivates me to pay it forward by doing advocacy work. I write articles, a blog, make educational videos, volunteer as a support group leader for the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation and spread awareness on TV, newspapers & social media. I also wrote a book, Diagnosis Dystonia: Navigating the Journey, which was recognized by the Michael J. Fox Foundation. It provides A-Z strategies for how to live well with dystonia. I also battled morbid obesity by losing 150 lbs. I love helping people work through challenges, which I do as a certified health/life coach."


WEGO Health, a network of +100k patient influencers, has create the awards program to:
  • Recognize patient influencers who have become leaders among leaders
  • Connect patient leaders to each other, across conditions and platforms
  • Give a big “Thank You” to all the leaders impacting their lives
If you know anyone within our community who should have been nominated, there is still time. Make sure to nominate all health leaders today because they all deserve to be celebrated. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete